Last Updated: April 15, 2020
Information We Collect
BALLAST may collect personal information, such as your name, title, company, address, email address, telephone number, username, or IP address. Personal information may be derived from various sources, including:
- Information that you give us directly (e.g., when you use a contact form to sign-up to receive information, newsletters, or buy products or Services from us).
- Information from other sources (e.g., publicly available data or data made available with your consent).
- Information we collect automatically when you use BALLAST Websites (e.g., cookies that allow us to recognize you when you return to our Websites).
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are required for a smooth operation of our Websites. For example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our Websites, so we can personalize content and remember your preferences. For example, your preferred language.
- Third-party cookies. Our Websites use several types of third-party cookies, and we do not control the operation of any of them. The third-party cookies which may be used include:
- Social Media. If you use “Share” or “Like” buttons from social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn, cookies are placed by these social media sites.
You can block cookies in your browser settings. However, if you block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Websites.
How We Use Information
We may use your personal information to:
- provide you with products, Services or information that you request from us
- respond to your questions, feedback or comments
- contact you regarding products and Services updates, providing you have given us consent to do so
- improve our products and your experience on our Websites
- evaluate the use of our Websites, products and Services
- personalize your experience on our Websites
Any personal information collected is used for a specific purpose and we do not keep it for longer than is necessary to fulfill that purpose, unless required to do so for legitimate business or legal reasons. You can opt-out of receiving communications from BALLAST at any time, and we provide a clear method to opt-out with every communication.
How We Share Information
As a general rule, we do not share your personal information with anyone outside of BALLAST. However, we may share your personal information with trusted third parties, such as:
- marketing agencies to help us deliver and analyze the effectiveness of our marketing or advertising campaigns
- third parties required to deliver products or Services to you, such as a delivery or postal service
- law enforcement or government authorities where they have followed due legal process to request us to disclose the information
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure. Access to your personal information is restricted to prevent unauthorized access, modification or misuse and is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis. BALLAST uses industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving customer data exchanged between our Websites. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information collected. In case of a security breach we will inform and cooperate with the appropriate authorities.
We retain personal information collected from you only where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with products or Services you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements). When there is no ongoing legitimate business need to retain your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If this is not possible (e.g., because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
If you are a registered BALLAST user, you may access certain information associated with your Account by logging into our website. To protect your privacy and security, we take steps to verify your identity before updating or removing your information. The information you provide us may be archived or stored periodically by backup processes for disaster recovery purposes.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about how we handle your personal information, please feel free to contact us.